Saturday 12 January 2013

Playing with inks and paper.

I was inspired by Creative Jump Start by Natalie's studio and decided to play with some inks, a mask with circles, stamps and embossing.
 I put some blue red and yellow ink onto a craft sheet and transferred it onto a sheet of paper. I didn't like that so I spritzed the ink on the craft sheet with water and swirled it with my finger and  put the paper onto it again.
 I liked what I got and I decided to use a mask with circles on top of the background. You can still see some of the green and blue dots near the top. I put too strong a red on it so using a small butterfly stamp I created flowers out of them. It looked like a garden so I embossed some larger butterflies onto it in gold and then added centers in the flowers using liquid pearl drops.




Gold embossed butterfly.

Liquid pearl drop centers in the flowers

I will stamp and emboss some extra butterflies and put them on to create a 3D effect.

 I hope it inspires you to try something different.

Kay



1 comment:

  1. Hi, all that work paid off as you have an amazing card. Hope to see you at one of Yvonne's many workshops. Aiveen.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Happy Day. Kay